Drummer Leonard Haze's thoughts on old age and dying

Leonard Haze was a great drummer. He passed away in his sleep last weekend at age 61. I saw him on tour with Ian Gillan in 1992 and the whole band was amazing. He had this humongous Ludwig drum kit and was a powerful drummer. Lenny Haze recorded the Toolbox album with Gillan, one of the songs from the album, Don't hold me back, is linked below:



Considering the recent deaths of many rock and roll greats, this Facebook post by Lenny from January seems very relevant:

Leonard Haze, thinking about a lot of things.
January 2:

"That's enough. Why is it so hard to get old ? You loose friends as you go. With Bill F rates today that's for me since Christmas a total of 4 people I know passing away. Christmas eve my step daughter Danielle Galvin ' s Aunt & best friend at 36. From something she didn't know about. Lemmy two days after Christmas something he just discovered. Bill Frates today. I heard he was very I'll but still. You add on Mark Weaver & I am sorry but now I know why granny didn't want to play bingo.
I asked her if " you want a ride to the church to play bingo" ?" No " she snapped. Why ? Too many old people was the response. She explained that the last ladies she had become friends with all had died & she had lost all her friends. She was about 92 at the time & an uncle my mom & I took care of her and her older sister my greatest Aunt Mary. I can't explain how funny those two old ladies were. Best thing I ever did was 3 days a week with them.
But now granny I understand why you said more pain comes from loosing others than your body gives you getting old. Now I get it."

Lenny had moderate to severe COPD, according to news reports.

References:

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/original-yt-drummer-leonard-haze-dead-at-61/
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toolbox_(album)

No comments:

Post a Comment